Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Character Concepts


 These are the first loose sketches I did for the devil on Jewel's shoulder, Ziq (top), and for the man himself, Jewels (bottom). With Ziq, I was thinking of a creepy guy with a long coat that turns into some kind of dark smoke or effects. You can actually see I was thinking about how to replicate smoke quickly. I also tested out a couple body types, some creepy mouths, and an eaery, hooded character.

Jewels was actually based off a sketch I randomly did a couple months ago. Neat how old drawings can suddenly become useful in the future. I envisioned a younger Jewels, perhaps in his late teens with an urban feel. I really like the plain, almost bland shirt with the more detailed, expensive looking shoes. He also has a tired look on his face because he been through a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment